For any shuffleboard enthusiast, owning your own table is the best way to continue to hone your skills. Gathering friends for mini tournaments is a fantastic way to spend an evening. Shuffleboard tables are an investment for your home or business. They require careful consideration, as well as continual maintenance.
There are many affordable shuffleboard tables that will help you stay within a certain budget. On the other hand, sometimes you can buy a better quality used table that’s been well taken card of. High quality shuffleboard tables are built to last, and you’ll want to ensure the one you buy is in good condition, or it could lead to costing you more money than initially planned. We put together this list of places to buy used shuffleboard tables to help you in the process.
Tip: Before you get started, check out some of these articles that will help you decide which table to buy and how to situate it in your home.
- A Shuffleboard Table Buying Guide Written by the Pros
- The Best Shuffleboard Table Brands
- What Size Shuffleboard Table Should I Get?
- Shuffleboard Space Recommendations
- Tips on Where to Place a Shuffleboard Table
Where to Buy Used Shuffleboard Tables
There are a couple different ways to find shuffleboards for sale on Craigslist. Craigslist runs a bit like an online bulletin board where users can post their for-sale items. You can search for shuffleboards locally that way. The other way to use Craigslist to find a used shuffleboard, is you can make a post yourself In Search Of , including the size of shuffleboard you’re looking to find.
OfferUp users can upload photos of items they are currently selling to quickly sell them to local buyers. The experience is fast-paced. Buyers and sellers can chat within the app about the item. Since OfferUp is locally run, you will need to pick up your new shuffleboard yourself.
eBay has been giving consumers a unique buying experience since 1995. Since individual sellers can list their own items, the inventory is always changing. Used and new shuffleboards of all sizes can be found on eBay. Since listings are often run auction style, you run the risk of paying more than you intended or missing out on your choice shuffleboard, but you can also get a great deal.
If you’re in Arizona, Sure Shot Billiards is the showroom to check out. They carry used shuffleboards as well as used pool tables and other game room furniture. Have a billiard table to sell? Sure Shot also buys shuffleboards, pool tables, and arcade games. Even if you’re not local, check out their online inventory for some inspiration.
Facebook Marketplace is Facebook’s answer to online shopping, where users can post household items and services publicly. Use the search function to see if anyone has posted a shuffleboard for sale in your area. Sellers may allow you to see their table prior to purchase. Buying locally means you won’t have to pay for shipping.
When bars and hotels go out of business, they often host auctions to sell furniture and game tables. Depending on who is hosting the auction, you may need to purchase a ticket to the auction, as not all auctions are completely open to the public. Be aware, that when purchasing from a former business, a shuffleboard may be more well-loved than if you purchased from an individual, and is likely coin operated.
7) Estate Sales
Big ticket items, like shuffleboards are often the first to sell at estate sales. Estate sale companies sometimes post a preview online, or in newspaper advertisements. While not the most convenient way to buy a used shuffleboard, estate sales can often help you find other unique items for your home game room or bar.
What to Look For
- Size — Before you say yes to a cheap used shuffleboard, make sure it will fit into your space with at least 2’ of extra room around each side of the table for the best game play.
- Style — Buying used doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice style. Browse our catalogue of unique shuffleboard styles for inspiration.
- Condition — If you can, inspect the table carefully for signs of wear. Quality shuffleboards are crafted from hardwood, to withstand years of gameplay. If you’re purchasing online, don’t be afraid to request more photos if you’re unsure.
- Climate Adjusters – Climate adjusters are vital to great game play and for keeping your table in the best condition.
- Features — Special features like lights, electronic scoreboards, and coin operation can sweeten the deal on pre-loved shuffleboards
Remember, a shuffleboard table is both a game table and a furniture piece. At Shuffleboard.net, our curated collection of shuffleboards has something for every taste and sensibility. We keep our prices low year-round. Finding an affordable shuffleboard table is easy with our price matching, and customizable table options.
Learn More about Shuffleboard: